The Thermal Angel is an in-line, battery-powered disposable, lightweight and completely portable blood and IV fluid warming device, capable of intravenous application and irrigation warming. The Thermal Angel can be used to help prevent fluid-induced hypothermia.Order Now
Thermal Angel Blood and IV Fluid Warmer Features Include
- Disposable: No cleaning, maintenance, or calibration
- Simple: 30 second set up/warms up immediately
- Portable: Operates from a rechargeable (Ultra Battery 1 or Standard Battery)
- Compact: 9 inches/9 ounces; Placed near the infusion site for minimal heal loss through tubing
- High Flow Rate: KVO to 150 ml/min
- Effective: Measures and adjusts to normothermic output temperature at 5000 times per second
- Compatible: Standard luer connections/infusion pump
- Safe: Dual failsafe to prevent over temperature/hemolysis
Areas of Use
Quick Set Up
Because the Thermal Angel is elegantly simple, there are no knobs, settings or switches. An experienced user can set up the Thermal Angel in a matter of seconds.
The 5 Steps are printed on the Thermal Angel label, bag, and instruction insert. Furthermore, there is an instructional video available on the Thermal Angel website which can be viewed in less than 3 minutes.
The Thermal Angel was designed to be compatible with any standard IV or blood administration/extension set.
Because the Thermal Angel is Battery powered (Ultra Battery 1 or Standard Battery), it allows for a continuum of care with no interruption of the infusion of warm blood or intravenous fluids. The Thermal Angel can be used at first contact with the patient, whether at a trauma scene, in transport to a healthcare facility, or inside a hospital, clinic or surgery center.
Low Capital Equipment Expenditures and No Contract Requirements
The Thermal Angel was designed to require a minimal capital expenditure with no commitments in order to encourage warming for all patients, not just a select few cases.
Disposables and Movement of Patients Between Departments
Since the Thermal Angel is a portable, battery-powered single patient device, there are no additional costs due to movement of patients. The Thermal Angel stays with the patient throughout the continuum of care to virtually any department the patient visits, untethered by the requirements of AC power. There are no new disposable costs from OR, to Recovery, to ICU, and finally, to the patient room. Because the Thermal Angel is elegantly simple, there are no knobs, settings or switches. An experienced user can set up the Thermal Angel in a matter of seconds.
- The Thermal Angel uses some innovative technology. For a detailed description, read “Innovative Technology-What’s So Special?“