The Thermal Angel Blood and IV Fluid Infusion Warmer works in a variety of EMS, Flight Service, Fire, Pre-Hospital and Field environments.
The Thermal Angel blood and IV warmer is currently used in a variety of EMS, Flight Service, Fire, Pre-Hospital and environments. Any environment that has historically been unserviceable by conventional fluid warming technologies can now be supported with the Thermal Angel Blood and IV Fluid Warmer.
- Ground EMS Service: Ambulance, Fire Department, Mobile Surgical Units and Hospitals
- Tactical EMS: SWAT Team, US Marshall Service
- Flight Service: Rotary Wing Helicopter and Fixed Wing Plane
- Search and Rescue Teams: National Urban Search and Rescue, Cold Weather Rescue, Mountain Rescue, and Water Rescue
- Tribal EMS: American Indian and Alaska Native
Thermal Angel Features Include
- Lightweight (9 ounces) and portable
- Quick setup within 30 seconds, warms in approximately 45 seconds
- Standard luer fittings that will accept all standard IV line sets
- Disposable (single patient use), no cartridges or cleaning
- Meets AABB (American Association of Blood Banks) Standards
Quick Training for Your Pre-Hospital Environment
Because the logistics of training mobile and remote users are so challenging, the Thermal Angel was designed to require minimal training. The 5 Steps are printed on the Thermal Angel label, bag, and instruction insert. Furthermore, there is an instructional video available on the Thermal Angel website which can be viewed in less than 3 minutes. By providing multiple avenues for training, the end user chooses the approach most appropriate for them and their time schedule. Most Pre-Hospital facilities train themselves on the Thermal Angel and do not require an in-house training session.
Quick Set Up
Because the Thermal Angel is elegantly simple, there are no knobs, settings or switches. An experienced user can set up the Thermal Angel in a matter of seconds. The U.S. Army Ranger Medics are trained to set up and use the Thermal Angel in complete darkness in less than one minute in battlefield conditions. The Thermal Angel can meet these stringent specifications.
Quick Warm Up
EMS Environments require quick thinking and action. The Thermal Angel begins warming within 45 seconds.
Patients Can Avoid Hypothermia and Arrive Normothermic Due to Field Use
Because many competing fluid warmers require AC power and a stationary environment, they are useless in the early echelons of care, and thus incapable of helping to proactively preventing hypothermia in the field before evacuation.
As the U.S. Military has discovered, warming fluids in the most forward echelons of care has profound effects on the health of the patients during transport and recovery. Due to its diminutive size and weight, the Thermal Angel can be used at first contact with the patient, either outside of the hospital, or inside. The Thermal Angel can also travel with the patient between vehicles or departments. We find that many hospitals coordinate with the EMS providers to accept patients already receiving the benefit of a Thermal Angel that had been administered at the scene. The hospital simply unhooks the Battery (Ultra Battery 1 or Standard Battery), hooks up their own Battery. The patient never stops receiving warm fluids.
Effects of Hypothermia Include
- Hypothermia introduces myocardial dysfunction, coagulopathy, hyperkalemia, vasoconstriction, and a host of other problems that negatively affect survival rate. It is very difficult to increase the core temperature once hypothermia has started; therefore, all steps that can be taken in the field to preserve normothermia must be initiated…[more...]
- Mortality was twice as high (53%) in patients with a Core Body Temperature less than 32°C compared with patients with a Core Body Temperature less than 34°C (28%)…[more...]
- More Hypothermia information here.